MagicQ Software Licensing
From MagicQ v18.104.22.168 onwards ChamSys MagicQ Software has three categories of unlock, depending on which hardware is connected to the PC or Mac.
There are three levels being introduced in 22.214.171.124 each allowing finer control of the MagicQ software.
- DEMO MODE
- REDUCED MODE
- UNLOCKED MODE
Demo mode is in operation when either no ChamSys devices are connected to MagicQ or the only Chamsys devices connected are the MagicDMX (Basic or Full), 10Scene Gateway, GeNetix GW2I, GeNetix GW2O, GeNetix GS5IP and GeNetix GS8 are connected to the PC System.Demo Mode Features:
- DEMO MODE shown in title bar
- MagicQ programming and playback of shows from PC Software fully enabled
- 64 universes Art-Net / ACN Output fully enabled.
Reduced mode is in operation when the GeNetix GN2, Dual DMX or Audio Interface are connected via USB or when GeNetix GN2, GN5, GN10, SnakeSys B4, T2, R4, R8 are connected via Network to MagicQ PC systems.Reduced Mode Features:
- REDUCED MODE shown in title bar
- All demo mode features
- Startup in full screen / saved window positioning
- Auto starting Playbacks
- Execute Window full screen
- Scheduled Events and Automations
- iOS / Android Remote app
- Web Server editing
- 10Scene Gateway and 10Scene remote app
Unlocked mode is in operation when devices such as the Mini Connect, Compact Connect, Stadium Connect, Rack Mount Dongle, GeNetix GN5 or GN10 are connected via USB.
It is also in operation with legacy products - PC Wing, PC Wing Compact, Extra Wing, Extra Wing Compact, Playback Wing, Execute Wing, Stadium Wing, MIDI/SMPTE.
- All demo and reduced mode features
- Multi Programming including Net Sessions
- Playback Synchronisation Remote Control from other MagicQ systems Audio control and playback synchronisation with Winamp *
- Audio input from PC/Mac sound card
- Timecode receive from Art-Net
- Timecode (MIDI/LTC) from 3rd Party USB/Virtual interfaces.
- Triggering events / Cues / Timecode from DJ systems MIDI notes, CC, Show control from 3rd Party USB/Virtual interfaces
- ChamSys Remote Control Protocol (serial, or network)
- Open Sound Control (OSC)
- External Tracker send/receive (PSN, OTP, MQ Track)
- Mouse control of pan/tilt
- Encoder control from MIDI CC / OSC