- 64 universes direct from the console, with 128 universe upgrade option
- 10 fully motorised fader playbacks
- 10 encoder playbacks
- RGB illumination of playbacks
- Backlit buttons
- Inbuilt 15" Multi HD touch display
- Dedicated 5" Attribute/Encoder touch display
- Dual 100mm Manual Cross Faders
- 2 dedicated high power USBs for charging of phones/tablets
- Inbuilt Wi-Fi connects to MagicQ Remote control app
MagicQ Stadium Software
In addition to its rich feature set of core lighting control, MagicQ Stadium Software has inbuilt audio timeline editor, multi emitter colour picker, 3D trackers support and plot
Explore Software Features Download FREE Software
Up to 128 Universes Direct from the console
On the MQ250M all universes of DMX are available direct through the network ports on the rear of the console over industry the standard lighting protocols sACN, Art-Net and Pathport, without the need for additional processing nodes this console is real value for money.
With its inbuilt UPS, the MQ250M is a complete 64/128 universe stand alone all in one lighting control solution.
Thanks to its motorised function, the playback section can be used for multiple purposes with shortcut buttons to change the function. With 10 motorised faders and 10 playback encoders per bank, and up to six banks, a total of 202 playbacks can be accessed at the touch of a button.
In keeping with its versatile design, MagicQ MQ250M supports many different fader modes enabling the playback section to be used in a wide variety of applications.
The programmer modes give access to intensities for each patched fixture, to intensities of groups of fixtures or to individual channels of a fixture. The selected modes enable instant access to the intensities or channels of the currently selected fixtures.
The master modes provide instant master control of individual fixtures or groups of fixtures without having to pre-program masters - ideal for those live moments when lights are flaring in cameras or key lights need modifying.
The dual 100mm crossfade faders together with the prominently placed large GO and BACK buttons provide the ultimate theatre control experience.
Playback encoders take live operation to new heights. A multi array of different functions can be assigned to the playback encoders with full legending directly above on the display presenting the current function to the user.
The playback encoders can be set to controlling intensity, LTP channels, FX size, FX speed, rate and time.
Playback encoders can control cue stacks of their own, or be tied to the fader playback below, or even control a whole bank of playbacks, or a whole page of playbacks.
Illumination & Customisation
The MQ250M lights the way with backlit keys, illuminated fader tracks and encoders. Together with the new updated graphics this takes MagicQ to a whole new level of customisation giving Lighting Designers freedom to visibly configure the console for their needs.
Each playback fader track & playback encoder top has full RGB illumination enabling its function to be clearly indicated. Users can select standard functions or customise each Cue Stack individually - for example to separate the main cues from bump cues.
The MagicQ MQ250M is built on the proven reliable stadium software which has excelled on shows with thousands of fixtures.
Show files are fully compatible between MQ500M, Stadium Connect and all other ChamSys consoles making it easy to move between consoles.
Unique to ChamSys, show files are both forwards and backwards compatible so no need to worry about software versions.
- Universes direct from the console (via Artnet/sACN/Pathport): 64* expandable to 128
- Direct DMX Outputs: 4
- Motorised Playbacks: 10
- Encoder Playbacks: 10
- Total no of Playbacks: 20 (10+10)
- Dual Cross Faders: Yes
- Attribute Encoders: 8
- Backlit Keys: Yes
- Illuminated Playback/Encoders with RGB control: Yes
- Intensity Wheel: 1
- Network Ports: 4
- Inbuilt 15" HD Multi-Touch Displays: 1
- Inbuilt Attribute/Execute display: 1
- External Monitor up to 1920x1200 Resolution - Display Port: 1
- USB Ports, including 2 High Power USBs: 6
- Audio Input (1 channel, 7 band): Yes
- Audio Input Sound to Light: Yes
- Audio Output: Yes
- MIDI Ports 1 in and out: Yes
- LTC Timecode Ports in and out: Yes
- 10Scene Port: 1
- Inbuilt UPS: Yes, uses 12v Lead-Acid Battery
- Power Input, Neutrik powerCON TRUE1 110 to 240 VAC
- Max Number of DMX Channels: 32,768 *expandable to 65,536
- Max Number of Fixtures Supported: 32,768 *expandable to 65,536
- Max Number of Cues: 5000
- Max Number of Cue Stacks: 2000
- Max Number of Groups: 5000
- Max Number of Palettes: 4096
- Number of Media Server Layers Supported: 50 (each different content)
- Numbers of Shows: Virtually unlimited (500GB SSD)
- Dual Colour Desk lights: 2
- Dust cover: 1
- Neutrik powerCON TRUE1 Power Cable: 1
- Display port to HDMI Cable: 1
Flight Cased Weights and Dimensions:
- Width: 810mm (31.9 inches)
- Depth: 530mm (20.9 inches)
- Height: 320mm (12.6 inches)
- Weight (console in flightcase): 26kg (57.3lbs)
Console Weights and Dimensions:
- Width: 680mm (26.7")
- Depth: 416mm (16.3")
- Height: 159mm (6.25")
- Weight: 13kg (28.6lbs)
The MQ250M uses a 12v Sealed Lead Acid Battery. Manufacturer battery Safety sheet can be found here