The SnakeSys B4 is a four universe DMX to Ethernet convertor. It supports four DMX512 ports that are configurable as either inputs or outputs and one DMX port that is always assigned as an input. The SnakeSys B4 is designed as a multi purpose box to be used in places where a small portable Ethernet to DMX conversion solution is required.
The SnakeSys B4 supports both Art-Net and ACN Streaming DMX network protocols. The DMX512 ports are fully configurable with DMX packet length, framing rate, and timings. In addition the SnakeSys B4 can operate in a non-network mode as a simple four port DMX buffer. The SnakeSys B4 can be configured from the front panel using a 4-way DIP switch, and 2 rotary switches. In addition the interface can be set to ChamNet mode, where the SnakeSys B4 is configurable from the MagicQ console, avoiding the need for local configuration.
Multiple SnakeSys B4s can be used on a single network, either configured directly from the unit or by using ChamNet control from a MagicQ console. Multiple SnakeSys B4s can be synchronised together to ensure that the DMX output from the console is consistent and does not involve "tearing" either within universes or across multiple universes.
The SnakeSys B4 can be powered from the SnakeSys R4 avoiding the need to run separate power cables. Alternatively, the SnakeSys B4 can be powered directly from mains input on a locking Powercon connector. When connected via network to MagicQ, the SnakeSys B4 unlocks the restricted features of MagicQ such as the full screen Execute Window and remote control.
- Universal Ethernet to DMX Interface
- Four DMX512 Ports (configurable as input or output)
- One dedicated DMX512 input port
- Art-Net and ACN Streaming DMX support
- Can be used with any Art-Net or ACN compliant console
- Universe selectable by rotary switches
- ChamNet remote configuration
- Stand-alone DMX buffer mode
- Can be powered by Power over Ethernet
- Isolated outputs
- Art-Net subnet and universe selection via rotary switches
- Power, Network and Protocol status LEDs
- Individual output status LEDs
- Locking Neutrik Ethercon network connector
- Locking Neutrik Powercon power connector.
- Input voltage: 90 to 250V AC
- Width: 168mm
- Depth: 164mm
- Height: 60mm
- Weight: 861g
Skill Up With ChamSys Skill Up With ChamSys
ChamSys Training Academy provides everything you need to learn how to be a better programmer. Set-up an account to watch informative tutorials or register for an engaging in-person training course today!